Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shelli's Cheesy Potato Soup

3c chicken broth (I used 3 bullion cubes and 3 cups of water)
1 onion (I used 1/2 of a sweet onion)
2c chopped potatoes
4T butter
4T flour
1/2t salt
1/4t pepper
2c milk
2c shredded cheese (I used 2 3/4 cups)

In a saucepan combine chicken broth, onion, and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
In another saucepan melt butter, stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Add cheese. Add potato mixture.


I doubled this recipe, however I did not double the milk. It was so yummy! I think I will make it as brocolli cheese soup next time.
-Kira



I have tried this with brocolli and cauliflower with brocolli.  It is amazing any way!  I am going to try cauliflower only next time.

1 comment: